Go For Life shared that being physically active with your family is a great way to stay healthy and make exercise fun. And being physically active can be more fun when you’re with someone you love.
Whether you play team sports with the entire family or take brisk walks with your spouse, child, or grandchild, you’ll be rewarded with improved health and time spent together.
Family gatherings are the perfect time for team sports and outdoor activities.
- Choose teams for softball, basketball, or kickball.
- Sign up for family tournaments to play tennis, bowling, or volleyball.
- Go biking, jogging, or hiking at a nearby park.
- If you live near water, try sailing, canoeing, or rafting.
Family members can make great exercise buddies.
- Take yoga or water aerobics classes.
- Ping pong is fun for a twosome or a foursome.
- Our pets are family, too! Brisk walks with a canine buddy are healthy for both of you.