Conrad Novak, a blogger at Survivor’s Fortress, shared with Healthy Lombard that winter is here and they are on a mission to help people get prepared for a power outage!
A power outage can be a stressful time. Stores get depleted extremely quickly and the modern conveniences of life are taken away. Luckily, with a little preparation and a solid action plan in place, a power outage can be dealt with stress-free and with minimal impact. This guide will give you everything you need to fully prepare for the next extended power outage.
CREATING AN EMERGENCY AID KIT
It’s important to put together an emergency kit in preparation for a power outage. You’ll need to keep this somewhere accessible and stock it with essentials. Here is a list of recommendations you should include when creating your emergency kit:
- A gallon of drinking water per person per day (also invest in water purification tablets to ensure water is safe to drink)
- Non-perishable food and a tin opener
- A fully stocked first aid kit
- Supply of all needed medications including the dosages
- A flashlight with extra batteries