Besides doing thorough research into the factors that affect our sleep, Mira Rakicevicworks closely with other sleep experts and doctors to provide valuable information and helpful advice. Most recently she shared that along with proper nutrition and regular exercise, sleep plays a major role in our health. With this in mind, we shouldn’t neglect this aspect of our lives the way we do. That’s why we compiled this list of interesting statistics about sleep, hoping they’ll help you recognize the importance of sleep and realize that you shouldn’t take it for granted.
Eye-Opening Sleep Statistics About Sleep
- Between 50 and 70 million people in the US suffer from a chronic sleep disorder.
- Approximately 35% of US adults get less than the recommended 7 hours of sleep per night.
- 45% of Americans report that inadequate sleep affected their daily activities.
- Most healthy adults need at least 7 hours of sleep a night to feel rested.
- 10% of US adults have chronic insomnia.
- More than 25 million Americans suffer from obstructive sleep apnea.
- Approximately 4% of Americans used prescription sleeping pills in the previous month.
- 24.4% of surveyed parents often share their bed with their infants.