Host an Every Kid Healthy Event at Your School
Every Kid Healthy events should promote and reinforce healthy eating, nutrition education, physical activity and physical education. We have lots of resources to help you promote your event and get students and the whole community excited and involved.
Wondering where to start? If your school is already planning a field day or other event in April, make the focus on healthy kids and families to show your school’s commitment to wellness! Or if you are looking for new ideas, check these out:
- Host healthy foods taste test with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy products
- Invite a local gym or fitness trainer to lead a family Zumba, yoga or other fitness class
- Plant a school garden or refresh an existing one
- Invite parents and students to participate in a school walk-a-thon
- Check out Game On for ideas, resources and step-by-step guidance. Game On activities also include tips and ideas on how to engage volunteers to support your needs.
- Get inspired by success stories.