No worries. You can still register.
WHO WE ARE:
The Mission of Healthy Lombard is to address the epidemic of Pediatric Obesity through Awareness, Activities, and Achievement. WE DO THIS BY:
- Providing free-of-charge activities for youth
- Promoting a healthier lifestyle for everyone through the information shared on our website
- Providing a platform for community networking and collaboration through our quarterly partner meetings
WHY FLAT APPLE:
With that mission in mind, Healthy Lombard developed the Flat Apple Fitness Program to motivate kids to stay active and positive during the summer months outside of school. The 2021 program runs June 13- July 31, 2021. The program allows participants to earn tickets for eligibility to win a variety of prizes at the end of the summer. Prize winners are typically contacted in September. (BTW, the program is called “Flat Apple” because that is what our logo looks like!)
This year, we have added some new features like “Mindfulness Mondays” to promote Social-Emotional Learning (SEL). In addition to earning tickets for healthy selfies and healthy videos, kids can complete a BINGO Sheet and/or try a recipe to earn extra participation tickets each week. We have also added, “Wellness Wednesdays” to encourage physical activity and “Foodie Fridays” to promote healthy eating and cooking! All three components will be highlighted in a weekly newsletter.
To register your child, please visit www.healthylombard.com and select Flat Apple 2021 under the Quick Clicks Column on the right-hand side of the page. This link will take you to the registration site. There is no fee to register for Flat Apple. Children must be registered by an adult to participate in the program.
HOW TO EARN TICKETS:
Flat Apple provides various opportunities to earn “tickets” throughout the duration of the program. At the end of the program, raffle prizes will be drawn using these tickets. There are several ways to earn tickets:
- Registered participants can log their physical, SEL, and foodie activities on their Activity Tracker Sheet. A copy of the activity tracker can be found at the end of this note. Additional copies can be downloaded at https://healthylombard.com/activity-tracker-2021/
Every 300 minutes of physical activity counts for one raffle ticket. Participants are encouraged to log as many hours as they wish, but please note the max number of tickets earned for completing the activity tracker is ten (3,000 minutes).
- Registered participants may earn tickets by posting a “Healthy Selfie” on THEIR Facebook including the hashtag #HealthySelfie. Or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants may earn a total of 10 tickets by submitting “Healthy Selfies.”
- Registered participants can make a Healthy Video and send it to email@example.com. After review, the videos will be posted on our YouTube Channel. Each video accepted counts for 3 tickets.
- Registered participants can complete a weekly BINGO card and submit them at the end of Flat Apple with their Tracker Sheets. Each Bingo Card is worth 2 tickets.
- Registered participants can try a suggested Foodie Friday food or make the recipe and write the name of what they ate or made on their Tracker Sheet each week to earn 2 tickets.
Each week the parents of registered participants will receive a short newsletter from Healthy Lombard.
In it, you will find some healthy hints, the Foodie Friday recipe and links to the BINGO sheet and extra tracker sheets. Sometimes, it may even include one of the Healthy Selfie submitted by a registered participants.
HOW/WHEN TO SUBMIT SHEETS:
Tracker sheets should be returned to Sunset Knoll Recreation Center at 820 S. Finley Road in Lombard (Attention: Flat Apple 2021, Joe McCann). Sheets are DUE BY AUGUST 7.
More Flat Apple information, submitted selfies, and links to submitted videos can be found at https://healthylombard.com/flat-apple-2021/