The next session of ProActive Kids will take place September 16 – November 8.
Enroll your child today!
PAK will be offered at the following locations:
- Downers Grove at Advocate Good Samaritan Health and Wellness Center funded by Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Niles/Park Ridge (New!) at Gemini Jr High funded By Advocate Children’s Hospital
- Oak Lawn at Advocate Christ Hospital funded by Advocate Chidlren’s Hospital (site is full for fall)
- St Charles at St. Charles Park District funded by Cadence Health
- Woodridge/Naperville – Edward Health and Fitness funded by Edward Hospital
ProActiveKids Program At A Glance
What it is:
Designed in collaboration with physicians, psychologists, nutritionists, personal trainers, coaches and educational leaders, the ProActive Kids is a FREE comprehensive 8 week program that will introduce children ages 8 -14, and their families, to healthier lifestyle options. Children must be in the 85th percentile and above in BMI to qualify for the program. The program offers a fun and rewarding experience that consists of:
- Physical Fitness education and Workouts – 3 workouts a week!
- Nutrition Education around what to eat, how much to eat, emotional eating, as well as lessons on sugar, importance of breakfast, etc.
- Individual and Group Discussion on struggles they have with food, at school, within their family, around their weight, etc.
ProActive Kids is for boys and girls ages 8-14 who are struggling with their weight.
ProActive Kids activities will take place after school Mondays, Wednesdays (from 4 – 5:30) and Fridays from 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. starting Sept 16, 2013, for eight weeks.
Kids come alone on Monday and Wednesday and families are required to attend on Fridays, as this is a family effort! Please make sure at least one parent is able to attend AND participate on Fridays. The whole family (anyone over the age of 3) is welcome!
Register online at www.proactivekids.org/enroll-now, email us at email@example.com, or call 630-681-1558.