Edward-Elmhurst Health in its Healthy Driven blog shared that as we adjust to how this pandemic is affecting our day-to-day lives, we’re also adjusting our interaction with our doctors. Some health issues that sent us to the doctor’s office before can now be addressed virtually.
Edward-Elmhurst Health is offering Video Visits for the care you need today.
While our offices are open to patients who need to be seen in-person, we’re also ready to “see” you while you’re at home.
More than 500 of our physicians (with Edward Medical Group, Elmhurst Clinic, Elmhurst Memorial Medical Group, and Elmhurst Medical Associates) are offering Video Visits in specialty areas like family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and more. If you need to find a doctor, we can help with that, too.
What exactly is a Video Visit? It’s simply a video call which allows you to meet face-to-face, in real-time, with your doctor from the comfort of home.
Video Visits are available to new and established Edward-Elmhurst patients of all ages, including pediatric patients, for a new health issue or as a follow-up visit for a range of issues, such as back pain, cough/cold symptoms, allergies, asthma, headache, pink eye and more.
What you’ll need for your Video Visit
- A smartphone, tablet, or computer with a web camera and microphone. (If you don’t have a device, ask your doctor about a phone visit to meet your needs.)
- A MyChart® account with Edward-Elmhurst Health. If you don’t have an account yet, it takes only two minutes to set one up.
You can do the Video Visit by logging in to MyChart through the website or the MyEEHealthTM app. We recommend the mobile app, which has many features to keep track of your health from the comfort of anywhere.
How to schedule your Video Visit
To make an appointment for a Video Visit, schedule through MyChart (click on “Appointments”), send a message through MyChart and your doctor will get back to you, or call your doctors’ office. Video Visit instructions will be provided when you schedule. We’re offering same-day appointments.
Easy steps to make the most of your Video Visit
Before your Video Visit:
- Find a quiet, private, and well-lit space where you won’t be interrupted.
- Fully charge your computer or device or plug it in.
- Make sure your device’s video and sound are on and working.
- Have a pen and paper ready with any questions you have for your doctor.
- Complete the quick online e-Checkin process (through MyChart or the MyEEHealth app).
At your scheduled time:
- Log in to MyChart through the MyChart website or the MyEEHealth app.
- Put the camera at eye level.
- Click on “Begin Video Visit.”
- Wait for your doctor to join you.
- Explain your health issue, listen closely, and take notes.
Edward-Elmhurst Health physician offices are also open if you need an in-person visit. We are taking every precaution to keep our patients safe during their visit, including masking, extensive cleaning, social distancing, and staggered appointment times. Your doctor’s office will help determine what type of visit is right for you.
What to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, the first step is to call your doctor. We are also offering a Symptom Checker and a COVID-19 Nurse Triage Line (331-221-5199) to help in determining the next steps. You can also connect virtually with select healthcare providers through Video Visits and E-Visits*, both through MyChart, to determine if you need to be tested.