The Goals of Health Local are to:
- Make physical activity an integral and routine part of life,
- Create food and beverage environments that ensure that healthy food and beverage options are the routine, easy choice, and
- Transform messages about physical activity and nutrition.
The show is comprised of short 5 – 7 minutes segments that feature:
- Chef’s Corner (cooking segments sometimes featuring students),
- The Doctor is In, (quick health tips by local or well known physicals and/nutritionists)
- Work Out Room, (segments from Health Tracks, Glenbard High Schools, etc.)
- Life Long Lessons (healthy hints for seniors)
- Healthy Hints, (hints shared by attendees at health fairs, NUHS students, COD Nursing Students, and other healthy activities), and
- Generation H (H stands for Healthy – in this segment, students share there favorite exercise of a healthy hints).
The DuPage County Health Department also contributes many segments for the show.
Health Local is aired 4 times a month on Tuesdays at 4:30 PM on Comcast Channel 19 airing in the towns of:
- Carol Stream
- Downers Grove
- Glendale Heights
- Glen Ellyn
- Oakbrook Terrace
- Wood Dale and
- Unincorporated Villa Park
It also airs on the Lombard Channel 6 & AT&T U-verse Channel 99 (Lombard) on Sundays at 12 Noon, Wednesday at Noon and 11 PM, Fridays at 10 AM, and Saturdays at 5 PM.
Check out a wonderful article about the show HERE.
Single segments are also uploaded to the Healthy Lombard YouTube Channel. (www.youtube.com/healthylombard). That way, individuals who do not have cable can still view them.
Would you like to be on the show? Contact our producer at: [email protected]