Baby Boot Camp Lombard, a Healthy Lombard Partner, has a lot of young ones that are getting their teeth, so here is a great way to sooth some of that pain with homemade teething sticks
(Recipe first posted at SuperHealthyKids.com)
BISCUITS FOR BABY To make crunchy teething biscuits, just dry out your favorite breads! Feeling ambitious? Make your own bread to dry out! (easy bread recipe down below!)
- Bake your favorite bread recipe (we used the whole wheat blueberry bread recipe below).
- Slice up loaf into sticks.
- Lay bread “sticks” onto cookie sheet.
- Put in oven at 170°F, for about 1 hour. Then turn off the oven and letsit in the oven until sticks are crunchy throughout.
- Store in plastic bags.
Whole wheat blueberry loaf :
- 3 TBL Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey (if you are serving to under 12 month old-use pure maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 TBL. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
Blend all ingredients together. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until knife comes out clean. Enjoy!