The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued “Reducing Sodium in Children’s Diets: The Pressure is on to Keep Blood Pressure Down.” This CDC Vital Signs report shows that 9 in 10 U.S. school-aged children eat more sodium than recommended. A high sodium diet can lead to high blood pressure. High blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
To improve cardiovascular health and help to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes by 2017 the CDC is asking everyone to join them in sharing this information and encouraging action.
The CDC suggests:
- Sharing information on your organization’s social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and/or Instagram
- Following and sharing CDC’s social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, andInstagramTwitter Facebook
- Adding the Vital Signs fact sheet to your website news section
- Posting this information on your website
- Including an article in your next e-newsletter
- Adding a post to your blog