Summer is in full swing and the DuPage County Health Department reminds swimmers and pool owners to remember the following safety tips to keep everyone healthy and in the swim of things all summer long:
- Stay out of the water if you have diarrhea.
- Shower with soap before you start swimming.
- Use rest rooms and not the pool.
- Don’t swallow the water.
- Take children on bathroom breaks every 60 minutes; check diapers every 30–60 minutes.
- Make sure everyone knows how to swim. Use life jackets appropriately.
- Provide continuous, attentive supervision with young swimmers.
- Know cardiopulmonary resuscitation.