Entries by Jay Wojcik

How to Get the Most Out of a Doctor’s Visit

SUMATHI REDDY shared in an article for the Wall Street Journal that having just 15 to 20 minutes with a doctor might seem awfully short, but that’s how long most physicians’ visits last. Doctors might not get all the information they need to fully understand a patient’s condition. And there are few things more frustrating […]

New blood pressure treatment guidelines raise concerns

The Daily Herald posted recently that a new guideline published last week recommends less-aggressive blood pressure treatment for many people. The guideline from the American College of Physicians and the American Academy of Family Physicians recommends that people 60 and over who have no history of cardiovascular disease shouldn’t be treated for hypertension unless their […]

What the ancient Greeks can teach us about herbs

Adrian Higgins in the Washington Post shared that at a point in the 9th century, someone noticed a problem with all those ancient handwritten texts: The scribes had left their Caps Lock on. Every character had been rendered in uppercase, or, in the terminology of philologists, majuscule. Suddenly, people who could read found this EXTREMELY ANNOYING […]

Healthy food swaps you’ll barely notice

 Alanna Elliott, RD, LDN shared in Edwards-Elmhurst Hospital’s Healthy Driven News that there’s no more comforting food on a winter day than a big helping of creamy mashed potatoes or a plate piled with steaming hot pasta. Comfort food is a go-to dinner on a cold night. I get that. The only problem is that most […]

Make 2017 Your Healthiest Year Yet

Research shows that when it comes to the New Year, everyone’s top priority is their HEALTH. Yet, 92% of people will FAIL or give up on their resolutions. That only leaves a mere 8% who actually succeed. Take a moment and think about which percentile you’ve fallen in since the year began…Are you still going strong or have you […]

50 Confidence Boosting Actions You Can Take Today

Self Development Secrets shared that one of the most important ingredients of a well-lived, enjoyable life is self-confidence. Confident people get what they want the way they want it, people enjoy being around them, and they’re appreciated in the workplace. They encounter the same problems as everyone else, but they routinely rise above them, taking […]

A Strong Start To Your Day

Schar shared this great insight in their recent newsletter.  They posted that making the right choice to fuel your day ahead. An enjoyable start to your morning . Everyone knows how it is to oversleep, then leap out of bed, rush into the shower, grab a cup of coffee on the run and plunge straight […]