Some New Year thoughts from Healthy Lombard:
- This year if you want a different result, make a different choice and do things in a different
- New Year is like a restart button. Use it to start things over.
- This year try and make small efforts to see big changes in your life.
- Every year life gives us 365 days to find the meaning in our life.
- Celebrate your life as each day comes. Happy New Year.
- If you already tried things, this year focus on doing it.
- Don’t wait for the luck to come to you, work hard and grab it with both hands.
So … have a fabulous 2019 with full of great achievements and experiences.
If you are looking for quick easy ways to improve your health during 2019, watch Health Local!
The show is comprised of short 5 – 7 minutes segments that feature:
- Chef’s Corner (cooking segments sometimes featuring students),
- The Doctor is In, (quick health tips by local or well-known physicals and/nutritionists)
- Work Out Room, (segments from Health Tracks, Glenbard High Schools, etc.)
- Life Long Lessons (healthy hints for seniors)
- Healthy Hints, (hints shared by attendees at health fairs, NUHS students, COD Nursing Students, and other healthy activities), and
- Generation H (H stands for Healthy – in this segment, students share there the favorite exercise of a healthy hint).
The DuPage County Health Department also contributes many segments for the show.
Health Local is aired 4 times a month on Tuesdays at 4:30 PM on Comcast Channel 19 airing in the towns of:
- Addison • Aurora • Bensenville
- Bloomingdale • Carol Stream • Darien
- Downers Grove • Elmhurst • Glendale Heights
- Glen Ellyn • Itasca • Lisle
- Lombard • Medina • Naperville
- Oakbrook Terrace • Oakbrook • Roselle
- Warrenville • Wayne • Westmont
- Wheaton • Winfield • Wood Dale
- Unincorporated Villa Park
It also airs on the Lombard Channel 6 & AT&T U-verse Channel 99 (Lombard) on Sundays at 12 Noon, Wednesday at Noon and 11 PM, Fridays at 10 AM, and Saturdays at 5 PM.
Single segments are also uploaded to the Healthy Lombard YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/healthylombard). That way, individuals who do not have cable can still view them.