The Healthy Lombard Foundation Board is pleased to announce that its 2018 Flat Apple Summer Activity for kids ages preschool (age 4) through high school (age 16) will begin June 1, and extend until August 25. Participants do not have to be residents of Lombard but do need to register.
Participation is as easy as 1, 2, and 3.
- First, a parent or guardian just clicks on the Quick Link on the right of our website at www.healthylombard.com and then clicks “Sign Up,” OR the parent/guardian may use the link on the Flat Apple 2018 Page on our website. WHEN REGISTERING, PLEASE REMEMBER AFTER YOU FILL IN THE STUDENT INFORMATION YOU STILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE PARENT/GUARDIAN INFORMATION. Once registered you will receive confirmation and a link to the 2018 logo. Downloading or printing the logo speeds check in makes check in at events.
- The Student participates in any or all of the Flat Apple Activity. There are 3 ways to have fun:
- Go to a designated site BETWEEN June 11 and August 25. (The list can be found on both the Healthy Lombard’s Flat Apple 2018 webpage and Calendar Page), show the Flat Apple logo you downloaded when you registered, participate in their activity, and then fill out a participation ticket.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Log in YOUR activities on our Flat Apple 2018 Tracker Sheet (A link to download the form is available on the Flat Apple 2018 webpage – or use QR code below). Each time you accumulate 90 minutes you earn a Participation Ticket. Sheets due back August 18, 2018.
- Take a selfie of YOU doing something healthy (swimming, playing ball, etc.) Send it to us at email@example.com – DON’T FORGET to add in your family password so we can fill out a participation ticket for you. Photos will be posted on our Healthy Lombard Selfie page.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Check the Flat Apple Web Page each week. There will be a New Fitness Challenge Question listed on the page each week. Everyone who replies with a correct answer will be entered to win a weekly gift card prizes. (Only one entry per participant per week will be accepted.)
THE FINE PRINT:
- The participant (preschool (age 4) – high school age (age 16) MUST BE registered by a parent or guardian to win.
- Although Flat Apple activities are open to children from preschool to high school, some events are age-specific so please check event information on the Flat Apple 2018 Page of the Healthy Lombard website.
- Individuals participate in activities at their own risk.
- Students may participate in more than 1 activity per day but cannot repeat an activity (i.e. student could do 1 selfie photo, 1 video, and 1 site activity each day but cannot do 2 or more of the same type of activity each day.)
- Registering grants permission for photo of participation (not name) to be posted on the Healthy Lombard Internet sites.
- *Participation ticket drawing will be held at the September Healthy Lombard Partner Board Meeting. Winners will be notified by email or phone and their FIRST names will be posted on the Flat Apple 2018 page of the Healthy Lombard website. If the ticket belongs to a child that is not registered, he/she cannot win and the prize will go to a child that is registered.
- Winners and their families will be invited to a prize reception in late September.
More info. Available at: http://healthylombard.com/flat-apple-2018/
According to Healthy Lombard Foundation Board President Jay Wojcik, “We had over 70 family with approximately 150 kids take part last year! We hope to increase that number this year with our new Activity Tracker option and with our Weekly Challenge Question. Flat Apple is for both athletic and non-athletic child. Our goal is for kids to have a great experience and be motivated to stay active during the summer.
Participation Prizes will include a bike, exercise equipment, gift cards, etc. Winners will be selected at the August Healthy Lombard Partner meeting. Prizes will be distributed in September.