The Columbus DUI Law firm, posted an article about how alcohol and alcohol consumption is a normal part of our lives. Alcohol is consumed in social settings, at meal time and other activities where adults gather. Alcohol advertising is regularly seen and heard on television, radio, online and in print advertising. And, modest amounts of alcohol have been found to even have health benefits to consumers. So, what is the problem with alcohol consumption?
The problem is not in consuming alcohol, but abusing alcohol. The problems with alcohol are instances of alcoholism and addiction. This problem is with all age groups, but it is especially a problem with our youth. According to statistics, alcohol is the leading cause of death in 15 – 24-year olds. In addition, studies also find that youth that drink are more prone to advancing to harder drug use. And, over 6% of the population reported heavy or binge drinking in the past 30 days.
All these statistics indicate a problem with our population with alcohol and is not limited to Clinton county. While moderate amounts of alcohol can be beneficial, the problems occur when people abuse alcohol. If unchecked, alcohol consumption can lead to driving an automobile under the influence, health issues, interpersonal problems, and many more potential problems.
To learn more about alcohol, alcohol consumption, alcohol abuse and other related issues, please feel free to review the following information. If you find this information helpful, please feel free to share it with others who can use the data.
- International Alcohol Statistics
- Alcohol Facts and Statistics
- CDC Fast Stats on Alcohol Use
- Alcohol – Balancing the Risks and Benefits
- Alcohol – If You Drink, Keep it Moderate
- Health Risks and Benefits of Alcohol Consumption
- An Overview of Alcohol Consumption
- Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse
- The Facts on Alcoholism
- Information on Alcohol Dependence and Addiction
- Signs and Symptoms of Alcohol Abuse
- Signs of Alcoholism
- Recognize the Signs of Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse
- Know the Warning Signs of Alcohol Abuse
- Warning Signs and Symptoms
- The Dangers of Alcohol Abuse
- Alcohol’s Effects on the Body
- Alcohol Use and Health
- The Effects of Alcohol Use
- The Risks of Drinking Alcohol
- Alcoholism Resources
- Treatment for Alcohol Problems
- Addiction Resources for Families
- Resources for Alcohol and Drug Problems
- DUI lawyer Columbus Ohio
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Resources