http://healthylombard.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/thanksgiving.jpg 424 640 Jay Wojcik http://healthylombard.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/hl-logo.png Jay Wojcik2017-11-22 04:39:342017-11-17 20:44:15Thanksgiving Cauliflower Substitutes
College of DuPage Nursing Student Nikita Sojka suggests that you can replace those high carb ingredients with low carb cauliflower in your Thanksgiving sides. Your children will not be able to taste the difference.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 c. chopped mushrooms
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp. ground sage)
- 1/2 c. vegetable or chicken broth
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined, then pour over vegetable broth and cover with a lid. Cover until totally tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes.