College of DuPage Nursing Student Tomasz Grezegorzka shared that cheese is not only delicious, it’s also considered a great source of protein and calcium. With 20 minutes and a couple of mozzarella stick you can bake this cheesy snack with ease.
- 5 slice – bread, sprouted, whole grain
- 2 tablespoon – Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon – Italian Seasoning
- 1 large – egg
- 1/4 cup – flour, whole wheat
- 8 stick – string cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place the frozen bread in a blender or food processor and pulse until uniform medium crumbs form.
- Stir in cheese, olive oil, and Italian seasonings.
- Place the breadcrumb mixture in a small but wide dish. In another dish, add the egg, fork-whisked with a tablespoon of water. In a third dish, place the flour.
- Unwrap the cheese sticks, and roll each one first in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Make sure each stick is well coated, then place it on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, checking frequently, until cheese is just melted but not too runny.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping.
|Nutrition Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Fat: 20 g||31%|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
onson, N. (2017, June 5). Baked Whole Grain Mozzarella Sticks. Retrieved October 26, 2017,
from https://www.superhealthykids.com/healthy-appetizer-or-snack-crunchy-string- cheese-dippers/