The Village of Lombard hosts an annual Senior Fair where area senior citizens can learn about programs, events and local residence options. While attending, seniors can have their blood pressure checked by the Lombard Fire Department, get a flu shot or take advantage of free massages, snacks and giveaways. The event is hosted by the Community Relations Committee.
The 2017 Senior Fair will take place on Wednesday, October 4, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Lombard Community Building located at Lombard Common Park.
Lombard’s Senior of the Year will also be announced at approximately 10 a.m. The award aims to celebrate the accomplishments of seniors in the community. Nominees must have a Lombard mailing address and be 65 years of age or older.
The winners, selected by the Village’s Community Relations committee, will receive the Village President’s Award along with a gift certificate to a local restaurant. The “Senior of the Year” award winner will also be honored by riding in the 2018 Lilac Time Parade.
The 2017 Senior Fair is full. There is no cost, however vendors must represent a community organization, service, or business that provides useful and beneficial information to seniors. Vendors are chosen on a first come, first serve basis. If you are interested in becoming a vendor for the 2017 Senior Fair, the deadline to sign up as a Senior Fair vendor is September 15, 2017. Please send information on what types of service or information you would be able to provide to attending seniors to Communications Coordinator Avis Meade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of 2017 Vendors:
Lombard Community Organizations will provide information on events, classes, and opportunities for seniors.
- Alcoholics Anonymous will share information on their support group and meetings
- DuPage Homeownership Center is a non-profit organization that provides a full range of services to promote responsible sustainable home ownership, and assists individuals in homeowner crisis.
- DuPage Senior Citizen Council’s Meals on Wheels provides food services for house bound individuals.
- Healthy Lombard will share information on healthy habits for every age.
- Helen Plum Library offers classes for seniors as well as reading devices for individuals with vision restrictions.
- Lombard Park District hosts classes to help keep seniors active and involved and to enjoy an active and social lifestyle.
- Lombard Senior Men’s Club will share about information about their club.
- Lions Club‘s mobile unit will be on site to offer hearing tests.
- Senior Suburban Orchestra representatives will provide information about their all senior orchestra.
- Tri Town YMCA offers seniors the Senior “Sunshine” Program.
- B.R. Ryall YMCA will share information on Senior Programs.
- York Township representatives will provide information on this unincorporated area of Lombard.
Village of Lombard services:
- The Lombard Fire Department will be performing blood pressure tests
- The Lombard Police Department will be sharing helpful information about the yellow dot campaign
- Lilac VFW Post 5815 is always looking for new The VFW Lilac Post 5815 and its Ladies Auxiliary usually meet from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Comfort Suites Conference Area, 530 West North Avenue (Route 64 and Route 53), Lombard, Illinois. June and December meetings are sometimes held at area restaurants.
Medical Services and Resources
- Lombard Pharmacy will provide flu and pneumonia shots that are free with proof of medicare.
- Osco Pharmacy will be offering glucose screenings.
- Walgreens Pharmacy
- National University of Health Sciences will provide useful information to seniors.
Assisted living facilities:
- AD Medical, INC will have information about shoes for diabetics as well as CapTel Phones.
- CovenantCare at Home will provide information about Hospice services.
- Gladden Home Care LLC is a personal care and in-home care agency.
- Edward Jones representatives will discuss investment and financial programs.
- Republic Bank will have financial information for seniors.
- ServPro Lombard Addison will share information about their services involving home maintenance or repair.
Representatives from the following offices will be providing useful information and services to seniors:
- DuPage County Clerk of the Circuit Court Chris Kachiroubas
- Illinois State Senator Chris Nybo
- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White
- Illinois State Representative Peter Breen
For more information please contact Communications Coordinator, Avis Meade at email@example.com.