Alex Eriksson at firstname.lastname@example.org asks, “Do you want to lose fat but maintain muscle mass?” Most people do! One way to support your fat loss goals is to use fat burner supplements along with regular exercise and a proper diet.
The problem with many popular fat burner supplements today is that they contain stimulants that induce changes in your adrenalin release and heart rate. These stimulant-based fat burners also directly affect the nervous system and raise blood pressure. People who are sensitive to caffeine are thus not able to use these supplements for fat loss.
In this light, which supplements can be safely used by caffeine-sensitive people wanting to lose body fat?
Why Some People Don’t Do Well with Stimulants
It has something to do with genetics. The COMT gene is one of the many genes that affect the way stimulants work in the body.
Caffeine increases the production and release of substances called catecholamines. High concentrations of catecholamines in the blood may cause damage in the heart muscle and eventually lead to higher risks of heart attacks.
Catechol-0-Methyl Transferase (COMT) breaks down the catecholamines released through caffeine ingestion. Now, caffeine-sensitive individuals often have COMT genes that aren’t that active. These slow-acting genes are unable to process excess catecholamine activity, leading to higher risks of muscular heart damage and increased heart attack risk. This explains why caffeine-sensitive people often experience rapid heartbeat after ingesting just a small amount of caffeine.
Going for Non-Stimulant Fat Burners
People who are sensitive to caffeine should avoid taking stimulant fat burners for the important reason – stimulant fat burners contain caffeine or stimulants such as ephedrine which increases risks of heart attacks and other heart conditions such as arrhythmia.
So, take your hard work in losing body fat up a notch by using non-stimulant fat burners to speed things up in a safer way. Non-stimulant fat burners utilize healthier substances instead of stimulants to remove excess fat in the body.
Why Are Non-Stimulant Fat Burners a Safer Choice?
There are a number of reasons to consider when switching to non-stimulant fat burners:
- Non-stimulant fat burners do not contain substances that affect the nervous system, blood pressure, and heart rate, so it’s a safer bet for people with pre-existing heart conditions.
- Non-stimulant fat burners don’t affect sleep patterns, as they don’t contain stimulating substances that could keep you up at night.
- Non-stimulant fat burners have longer potency than stimulant ones do. Hence, they can burn fat more effectively and continuously.
- Caffeine-sensitive people won’t experience the usual symptoms they get from ingesting these supplements – jitters, insomnia, and a fast heartbeat.
Recommended Non-Stimulants for Caffeine-Sensitive People
Here’s a list of the recommended non-stimulant fat burners that caffeine-sensitive people may safely use. Most of these substances are often seen together in various fat-burning supplements on the market.
- Carnitine – Fat is burned by converting triglycerides and excess stored body fat into free fatty acids. These fatty acids are then released into a cell’s mitochondria and burned through oxidation to produce energy. Carnitine helps by improving oxidation rate of free fatty acids, leading to more fat loss in the long run. Carnitine also helps convert these oxidized fatty acids into energy.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid – This fatty acid derivative reduces body fat by converting fat into energy, inhibiting appetite, and stopping the production of new fat cells. CLA naturally occurs in grass-fed beef and milk, but supplementation is necessary in order to reap maximum benefits for the body.
- Sesamin – This substance contains a natural compound called lignin. It is found in sesame seeds, flax, and oats. Sesamin aids the liver in metabolizing fat. It activates receptors that create new fat-busting enzymes. Sesamin also inhibits fat-storing enzymes, reducing the volume of fat stored in the body.
- Seaweeds – This popular Japanese health ingredients packs powerful fat-busting properties. They contains two fat burners: Fucoidan and Siphonaxanthin.
Fucoidan is a complex polysaccharide that is used to combat obesity. It improves fat metabolism and helps burn more calories, leading to decreased levels of fat in the body.
Siphonaxanthin is a potent carotenoid that effectively inhibits production of new fat. It also halts storage of fats in the body.
- Exogenous Ketones – Ketones are substances derived from both body fat and dietary fat. These are produced naturally by the body in times when not sufficient carbohydrates can be utilized for energy. Ketones from fat are then used by the body to synthesize energy. Using ketonic supplements gives you a number of health benefits, but it primarily helps your body utilize its fat content for energy, thereby decreasing total body fat.
To wrap it up, there are lots of non-stimulant fat burner supplements that are safe and effective for inhibiting fat production in caffeine-sensitive individuals. Take them without fear of having heart illnesses and other caffeine-sensitivity symptoms, and say hello to losing fat faster!