College of DuPage Nursing Student Aesha Patel asks, “What if I told you that you can achieve optimal health benefits by eating just one green fruit, a zucchini?” That’s right, zucchini is a fruit that is cooked as a vegetable because it is best when eaten in cooked dishes.
You might be surprised to know that consuming zucchini will help you lose weight tremendously. According to LiveStrong Foundation, the calories presented in a zucchini is only thirty-three, but it still satisfies your stomach fully. Not only does zucchini have low calories, it is also rich in fiber and has a high water content. Zucchini is also a source of manganese, vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus. Having that one go to vegetable without having the feeling of an empty stomach, makes your life that much more easier.
The easiest way to fill your stomach in a healthy manner is by making zucchini chips. You will need six simple ingredients: olive oil, bread crumbs, freshly grated parmesan, salt, pepper, and a zucchini.
Directions are simple:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into thick rounds and toss them into a bowl with olive oil.
- In another bowl mix in the parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper as well.
- Dip each individual zucchini piece into the mixture, making sure each side of the zucchini gets coated well.
- Spray cooking spray on a baking sheet and spread each zucchini piece onto it.
- Bake the zucchini until they are golden brown and crisp. This should take about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this simple recipe and enjoy the power of the zucchini.