College od DuPage Student Bridget Michael asks, “Are you tired of that stubborn belly fat that just doesn’t seem to go away?!” Here are some reasons that cause excess stomach fat, tips and tricks to help quickly and safely lose that weight, and why this can be beneficial to your health.
So first of all, what is belly fat exactly? According to Franziska Spritzler and Kris Gunnars of Authority Nutrition: an Evidence based approach, an unhealthy amount of fat in the stomach is called visceral fat. This is fat that is sitting around the liver and other organs in your stomach area.
There are many reasons why excess fat in the stomach builds up:
- -Too much sugary food and beverage intake
- – Increased alcohol consumption
- -A diet high in trans-fat
- -A diet low in protein and fiber
- -Lack of exercise
- -Lack of sleep
- -High stress
Now, here are some tips and tricks to help lose that excess weight both quick and safe!
- -Avoid eating lots of sweets
- -Avoiding drinking beverages like soda, and even a lot of fruit juices like orange juice, which have high amounts of sugar
- -Cut out some extra carbs from your diet, like white bread and pasta
- -Try to eat high fiber foods such as leafy greens like fruits and veggies
- -Increase protein intake by eating foods like chicken and eggs
- -Avoid trans-fat, which can be found in some pre-packaged foods so CHECK LABELS!
- -Replace some cooking fats with natural oils such as coconut oil
- -Exercise, not only because it helps with weight loss but can reduce stress!
- -Get healthy amount of sleep every night
- -Keep a record of your diet! This helps you see and track everything you’ve eaten, and lets you stay in control
- Keeping these tips and tricks in mind can help your health in other ways! Cutting out that extra stomach fat can help reduce the risks of getting metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and even some cancers!
Retrieved from https://authoritynutrition.com/